As everyone knows both nutrition and physical activity play a vital role in building muscles. Therefore to build lean muscle, it’s essential to give challenges to you through physical activity but its progress will decrease without proper nutritional support. So, in nutrition, of course, protein is very important while building muscles but fats and carbs are equally important as a source of energy and avoid fatigue.
Here are the top 7 foods for gaining lean muscles:
- Eggs: Eggs contain high-quality proteins and fats. It also contains leucine amino acid which helps in muscle synthesis, B complex vitamins produce energy and choline improves athletic performance and reduces fatigue.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt contains a high amount of protein as compared with normal yogurt and this helps in building strong muscles. Also, greek yogurt is a good snack that can be eaten anytime in a day, after a workout, or before bed to take the advantage of proteins.
- Milk: Milk is packed full of nutrients that make it a post-workout recovery drink. Dairy not only contains high-quality protein but it is a mixture of fast-digesting and slow-digesting protein i.e. whey and casein respectively and that combination increases muscle mass as per various researches. It also supports recovery after working out and helps in muscle protein synthesis and reduces muscle soreness as well. Plus it keeps you hydrated after exercises. Moreover, its derivates like cheese are packed with nutrients like calcium that build healthy bones.
- Beans and Lentils: Pulses include beans, lentils, chickpeas, soybeans, and peas which provide plant-based protein for building muscles. Beans provide energy as it contains slow-releasing carbs and fiber that maintains blood sugar to fuel the workouts. Pulses contain magnesium which is important for muscle function that increases performance. Soybean paneer i.e. tofu is a suitable protein source and rich in calcium that is required for healthy bones.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, and peanuts are great sources of protein with fiber that helps keep someone fuller for a longer time which reduces fat simultaneously with building muscles, and contains B vitamins that provide energy during training. Also, it contains omega-3 fatty acids that show beneficial effects in muscle building. Peanuts contain magnesium that increases exercise performance.
- Quinoa: As protein-rich foods are the priority for building muscles but also, it is important to have fillers to get active all day. Quinoa is cereal or carbohydrate that provides energy and it also contains magnesium which plays an important role in the function of muscles and nerves. It is packed full of nutrients like fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids i.e. needed for muscle growth.
- Buckwheat: Buckwheat is a seed that is ground into flour which is plenty of high-quality protein, fiber, and carbs. Plus, it is famous health food due to its impressive vitamin and mineral content that helps the body to stay healthy and able to perform rigorous exercises of muscle building.